This hack is something that Ari and his team use to produce their own podcast. It combines the power of some amazing apps, and human automation to make the podcast production process a breeze.
As Ari says:
"The process is fairly complex, but not complicated. There are different moving parts, for sure, but my sole involvement is the recording of the content and that’s it! So I make it, then I don’t touch it again. If you can get out of the way of the process, you will find that your ability to produce quality content increases 10 fold"
How does it work?
- Podcast guest books a timeslot with Calendly
- Guest gets a voicemail from from Slybroadcast
- Notification goes to VA service to send gift to guest and take note of social media details
- Interview completed using Zencastr
- File saved to Dropbox
- Podcast shared with producer for editing (e.g. Podfly)
- Recording shared with Libsyn for aggregation
- VA service is notified when final files are ready, creates Waave files to post on Instagram, and emails the guest with links and a thank you message
- Repurpose.io takes the recording and creates a YouTube video and sends the audio to Temi for transcription and to Dropbox
- VA service adds to Slideshare
We recommend Magic as a preferred VA service, but this automation will work with any VA service, or even your own team members.
Any additional cost or setup fees related to the apps involved are not included, and are at your own cost. You will also require a paid Zapier account to run the automations. Slybroadcast may not be available in all countries. We may substitute other apps or platforms where it is necessary.
The delivery period for Automation Hacks commences from the time that you provide us will all information, logins and material in order for the build to be completed, and we have acknowledged receipt.